Re: Auctex/LaTeX/Emacs problem

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 04:08:52PM -0600, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> Lo, on Sunday, February 3, Ryan Claycamp did write:
>
> > I have lost the color markings in xemacs when I edit a LaTeX file.  I
> > am running woody and I think it happened after I updated to the new
> > version of auctex.  I noticed that when auctex installed, it said
> > something like emacsen ignoring flavor xemacs.  How do I get the color
> > back in xemacs when it is editing LaTeX files?  I really enjoyed that
> > feature.
>
> IIRC, xemacs comes with its own copy of AUCTeX, which explains the
> `ignore' error message.
>
> Assuming that you've got font-locking on in other editing modes, simply
> adding (require 'font-latex) to your .emacs file should do the trick.

Thank you.  That did the trick, at least for xemacs.  I put the
command in both my .emacs file and .xemacs/init.el.  It didn't work
for emacs, but I don't have any color in emacs.  That is another worry
for another time as I mainly use xemacs for my editor.

I don't know how it disappeared, but thank you for brining it back for
me.

Ryan
--
"As usual, the Democrats are manipulating the liberal media in a
calculated bid to take away my fire stick. Unggh! Want fire stick!"