Re: Installing Woody from CD

* Patrick Colbeck (pcolbeck@bashq.org) spake thusly:
> Hi
>
> Whats the current status of the Woody CDs. I have downloaded all 8 dated
> the last week in January, if I actually blow CDs of these will I
> actually be able to do a clean install of Woody. I just wanted to cjeck
> before I wasted 8 CDRs.

Netinst image I d/l'ed last week looks for Release file in the wrong
place (couple of dir levels up from where the file actually is), so
you can't install the base system. Without that you can't install
lilo & make your box bootable. (Shirley including extra couple of Mb
of base.tgz in the 65Mb image is not that hard, eh?)

Also, 3c59x module is included in only one image: udma-ext3 (I wonder
who came up with that bright idea... every Dull here has a Vortex NIC).
But that doesn't really matter because of the above.

I ended up burning a potato CD and doing dist-upgrade to woody.
On the positive side, that worked without too many problems.

Dima
--
Surely there is a polite way to say FOAD.                        -- Shmuel Metz
"Fornicate Off And Decease".                                 -- Rik Steenwinkel