Re: new Debian FAQs

Hi,
On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 01:52:27PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Hi guys,
> If anyone has some time to go through Debian Planet, Debian Help and other
> similar sites and make a list of frequently asked questions, preferably with
> answers, please do, and send me the results. :)

FAQ is old and does not addresses much of the problems most first time
Debian convert will face.

My "Quick Reference" tried to address these issues.  It is a collection
of knowledge I gained mostly from debian-user.

It is in Debiandoc form and can be obtained from CVS as indicated on

       http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/

Now this comes in English.  French is almost done.  Some Italian pages
available, too.

After basic installation manual, package handling is key for getting
things done.  Problem is for some complicated case, I have no way to
verify some details.  Those are collected here.

       http://qref.sourceforge.net/qref2/qref2.html/

All source are available as Debiandoc from CVS.

PS: Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a <jfs@computer.org> contacted me last
week and he told me he will put my "Quick Reference" uploaded in DDP
site.
--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +