How to overburn CD's?

Hi,

I am trying to create an audio CD... trouble is that it runs to about 76
minutes in length and the blank CD's that I have are only the standard 74
minute versions.

I have heard about overburning, but a search on google for "overburn linux"
seems to bring up one reference - namely to the CD-writing FAQ, where it just
says that cdrecord can handle overburning without doing anything special.
Checking out the cdrecord website, I cannot find any reference to overburning.

I don't understand how to use cdrecord from the commandline, so I normally
use either KreateCD or xcdroast - but neither of these has an option to
overburn a CD, and either flatly refuse to try, or fail after writing 74
minutes worth of music.

My computer can burn cd's fine if I'm not trying to do this. Does anyone have
any idea what I am doing wrong, and how I can overburn a cd?

--
Jason Wood
Persistance is a virtue