Re: Woody's version on Squid and http / https proxy of AOL IM

In article <[🔎] 3C5D5DE7.7000201@hanaden.com>,
hanasaki  <hanasaki@hanaden.com> wrote:
>Since upgrading to Woody, the http proxy connection, squid, from AOL IM
>fails with "unable to connect"  https has never worked for me as a proxy
>through Squid.  The proxy setting used in AIM are the same ones that are
>currently working fine for Mozilla on Win and Lin and IE on Win - both
>for http and https.
>Any have input as to what might be going on and how to fix it?  Anyone
>"ever" get https proxy to work with AIM?

Why would you want to use http or https with AIM? That's an ICQ
like thingy, right? Squid is web proxy, not a gateway.

But if you really mean http and https, the logfiles in /var/log/squid
should give you a clue as to what goes wrong.

Mike.
--
Computers are useless, they only give answers. --Pablo Picasso