Re: install nslookup

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:08:50 -0800 ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:
> On Friday 01 February 2002 08:48 am, Xeno Campanoli wrote:
[snip]

> > I can't find "dig" with apt-cache search.  I do find something called
> > "htdig".  Is this basically the same thing?
>
> no, not at all the same thing. you'll find dig in dnsutils.

When I try to "# apt-get install dnsutils", it says that it also
wants to install bind9-host, libdns5, libisc4, liblwres1.

Do I really readlly need most of bind9 just to do ns lookups?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |