Kill the Squirrel

Hi all - I have messed up trying to install a squirrelmail .deb package
for Sid on my Potato box. Now I would like to remove it completely and
install from the plain sources.
Only if I try to remove the package to return to a clean state, I get
dpkg errors of this nature:

  Removing squirrelmail ...
  /var/lib/dpkg/info/squirrelmail.postrm:
  /usr/share/wwwconfig-common/apache-cominclude_all.sh: No such file or
  directory
  dpkg: error processing squirrelmail (--remove):
   subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
   squirrelmail

I suppose it would be easiest just to delete the lines from
/var/lib/dpkg/status, but that is a bit of a cheat. I would prefer to
properly remove everything.

Thanks a lot.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>