Re: gnome, mozilla question (potato)

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:00:28PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 21:48, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > On 31 Jan 2002, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 21:17, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > > Why don't you use mozilla-0.9.7 from sid?
> >
> > Over the last year or so, there have been dramatic improvements to mozilla
> > with each new version, so I haven't wanted to wait for a debian package to
> > show up.  Also, all it takes to install is a download and one tar -xzf
> > command.  Perhaps now that it's stabilizing a little, I should switch to
> > using the debian packages; do you know of any real advantages to them?
>
> New milestones appear in sid almost immediately. There are even
> mozilla-*-cvs packages. With the milestone packages you can use galeon
> from debian and nautilus-mozilla component. Also, it's even less work,
> since they are pulled in by apt-get automatically

[snip]

Some answers and a specific request:

My mozilla is version M18-3 debian package. I downloaded it from
ftp.us.debian.org early this week. It is in the stable branch.

I had looked at gnome-control-center earlier. I found the information that
needed changing under the URL heading, but I could not change it there.
It appeared that there was no edit button for that heading. Maybe in the next
version of control-center.

But when I looked at it again, the changes that I made to ~/.gnome/Gnome showed
up under the URL heading. I guess I discovered the standard work-around.

I started to trace the flow of control within gnome, but I've become confused.
There are several scripts that preprocess before the call to the mozilla binary.
Perhaps someone who has this feature in mozilla running would be willing to
email working versions of the scripts to me. Please.

Thanks.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com