Re: What is a good, small, web browser?

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:52:15 -0500
David B Harris <eelf@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:44:01 -0500
> > So I was wondering about if there are any good, _small_ browsers like
> > that. I tried mozilla on my system, and I had enough time to eat lunch
> > while it started up (I have since removed mozilla).
> >
> > I have X4 installed and working, but I don't want to install any
> > desktop managers.
>
> As much as I hate to say it, your only option(as far as I can see) is
> the non-Free Netscape 4.xx.
>
> Make sure you have a non-Free entry in your sources.list, and then:
>
> 'apt-cache search ^netscape'
>
> That should return a netscape-java-<something> package which you can
> 'apt-get install'.
>
> Enjoy.

I think you will enjoy this better:

http://www.browsex.com/

And like the real thing it's free (Artistic License). Says the site:
"BrowseX has been written primarily in C and Tcl and clearly
demonstrates that Linux applications can indeed bridge to Windows." The
claim is also worth noting: "lightweight: starting at 3.8 Meg and works
on a 12M/386 (in X!)."

--
Humanity's future is in the stars:
support a manned mission to Mars!