Re: LAN setup

Thus spake Jason Majors:
> I'd suspect exim is set up incorrectly then. Run eximconfig and set up all
> your boxes as type 1 (Internet Site). That's how mine is setup. But I have
> fetchmail running on my mail server pull mail from the other boxes, so I
> only have one mail account to check. But I then mount the /home dir from
> that server on all the workstations, so I can check that one account from
> any box.
I suspect you're right, however, I'm not sure which way to go about
fixing it.  The setup right now is that hadrian (the firewall) does
not relay mail, and both hadrian and gashuffer have exim set up as
internet sites.  The relevant options seem to be:

qualify_domain = cc888998-a.clmbs1.pa.home.com

primary_hostname = cc888998-a.clmbs1.pa.home.com

local_domains = localhost:hadrian

The cc888998-a.clmbs1.pa.home.com is my _actual_ domain name, from my
ISP - it's a cable connection, so seems unlikely to change.  I had to
put this in so that other sites that do reverse lookups don't bounce
my mail.

And the docs aren't very clear (at least to me) about how to set
things up for an internal, unregistered domain.  Following your above
suggestion, I added:
192.168.0.1     hadrian.steve.home      hadrian
192.168.0.2     gashuffer.steve.home    gashuffer
to /etc/hosts on both machines - works like a charm, thank you!  Now
how to get exim to understand the same information?
Thanks for any pointers - if you like I'll send the whole exim.conf,
but it seemed a bit large to send right away.
Steve
--
Love is being stupid together.
		-- Paul Valery

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Try to value useful qualities in one who loves you.