ssmtp for Hylafax? (Was: Re: MTA recomendations?)

On 31 Jan 2002 15:10:52 -0500, Timothy H. Keitt wrote:
>On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 13:55, Stan Brown wrote:

>> I'm seting up a new woody box for my wife to use. I need a recomendation on
>> an easy to set up, reliable MTA.
>>
>Also take a look at the ssmtp package.

I am interested in this particular package for use with a PC
we've got configured as a Hylafax server. I would like a
bare bones MTA that would only have to handle outgoing
mail to the fax admin at first, mailing received faxes for
distribution. It may also have to accept some incoming
faxes as email later if I select that option instead of the network
print option. As a new Debian user, the simpler the better.

Would ssmtp for a good fit for my situation?
Are there any other MTAs that would be a good choice?

TIA
Kevin B.