RE:LAN setup

Stephen Gran writes:
 > I've got my LAN set up and running, and so far so good.  I'm using a
 > gateway/router/firewall (hadrian) to stop unwanted traffic and allow
 > internet access and LAN access to everybody else.  Then I have
 > gashuffer, my main workstation, and a Win box that my girlfriend uses,
 > and an occasional laptop.  Now, the question is this:
 > Without running BIND on hadrian (or elsewhere on the LAN) is there a
 > way to allow, e.g.:
 >
 > ssh steve@hadrian (ssh steve@192.168.0.1 works fine now)

Do you want to do this from the internal network? Ie: from gashuffer
to hadrian?  Or do you want this from external hosts to gashuffer?  In
the latter case, you want port forwarding:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/forwarders.html
And in the former case, you just need to make sure that your internal
boxes know who hadrian is (in /etc/hosts is a fast method).