Re: Installing Debian

#include <hallo.h>
Liam Black wrote on Thu Jan 31, 2002 um 01:27:25PM:
> When I do not pass arguements, I get a "Cannot open initial console. Try
> passing init = to kernel" error. When I pass linux root=/dev/hdc1, I
> receive the same.

READ THE F***ING HELP SCREENs before entering ANYTHING ON THE BOOT
PROMPT.

> I then tried passing linux root=/dev/hdc1 init=/install.sh

"rescue" is what you want. And remember, this system is not configured.
Why did you not just grab the install floppies and installed like most
people do?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
<Zomb> kennt jemand eine DAU-freundliche Möglichkeit, die Uhrzeit einzustellen?
<roots-> zomb: date --set