Re: Mailing list recomendation

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 08:42:51PM +0100, Erik van der Meulen wrote:
> Hi all - I am looking for a mailing list server to replace Majordomo
> since that does not seem to be available in Debian anymore.
>
> I have a Potato system with sendmail and need to run only a few small
> lists (<100 users) but for different domains.
>
> A search in Potato packages shows:
>
> - sympa
> - mailman
> - fml
> - smartlist
> - listar

  Mailman is suitable for small lists.

  Sympa is the best mailing list manager ever since it is suitable
  for both small and very huge lists. It has a per-user configurable
  web interface, you can sort your lists with respect to topics,
  the package is installable out-of-the box thanks to a debconf
  interface, ... Mailman is far from that.

  Give it a try! apt-get install sympa wwsympa

--
Jérôme Marant