Re: [OT] dpkg Weirdness

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:28:13 +0000
Nick <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> The KDE 2.2.2 Woody/unstable box that I'm building ran out of disk
> space the other day (already over 900 Mb used, and all I have is gcc,
> perl, python, kde, kdevelop and koffice ... jeez).

Just to let you know, I just ran a fresh Woody install up in a chroot.
build-essential(gcc and friends), almost all of XFree 4.x, all of KDE
including kdevelop and koffice, Perl and friends, and Python and friends
install to a total of just over 300M.

Perhaps you need to clean out /var/cache/apt/archives? 'apt-cache clean'
would remove all the .debs that have been downloaded and are still
cached. Of course, I doubt you have 600M of old debs hanging about, so I
imagine there's rather more than "just gcc, perl, python, kde, kdevelop,
and koffice" :)

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \