Re: base-passwd fixed?

begin  Michael P. Soulier  quotation:

>     I saw the warning about base-passwd being broken, and not to upgrade. I
> searched and found this
>
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=130735
>
>     Is this problem fixed?

This isn't the same problem as the one that generated lots of warnings and
discussions here a week or so back.

That one was bugs #130032, 130085, 130112: UID and GID fields swapped in
/etc/passwd. That was a bug in version 3.2.2 and was resolved almost
immediately. 3.3.0 does not have this problem.

The bug you're referencing (130735) appears to only affect machines that
have been configured not to allow UID 0 (root) to login.

>     Also, where should I look for any known showstoppers before upgrading
> unstable, and how do I know when they're fixed?

I just read debian-user and debian-devel and look for alerts. Serious
problems happen so rarely that I don't consider it worthwhile to scan
BTS daily.

Craig