Re: base-passwd fixed?

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:49:39AM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Hey people.
>
>     I saw the warning about base-passwd being broken, and not to upgrade. I
> searched and found this
>
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=130735
>
>     Is this problem fixed?
>
>     Also, where should I look for any known showstoppers before upgrading
> unstable, and how do I know when they're fixed?

The bug that was discussed in detail on this list is #130032 which affected
base-passwd 3.2.2.  This bug has been fixed.  The bug that you reference
is a new and different bug which has not been fixed.  I am still using
base-passwd 3.2.1.

As far as known showstopping bugs, the latest to affect me is #131104
in apache.  It appears the solution is not as simple as changing the
captialization in the config file.  There are also other grave bugs filed
against apache.

John K.