Re: KDE screen colors

* Jeff J. (jeff@campbellcounty.com) spake thusly:
> Alright, just finished installing Woody.  My video card is an nvidia
> geforce2 mx400.  When you run KDE, everything appears fine.  When you load a
> program (such as xmms) the program in the foreground looks okay, but the
> rest of your KDE desktop turns colors and gets a bit.. fuzzy?

As in "dithered colours"? You are probably running in 8 bpp
(256 colours), that's why. Edit /etc/X11/XF86-Config-4 and set
DefaultDepth to 24 (in section Screen).

Dima
--
Surely there is a polite way to say FOAD.                        -- Shmuel Metz
"Go forth and multiply".                                         -- Paul Martin