Re: [OT] Re: Can someone please explain this WAS: new photos from my party!

Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de>:

> This is all nice and dandy, except that I don't see a
> bounce-debian-user-... address in any X-Envelope-Sender: header.
> Yours is as follows:

X-Envelope-Sender is added by the list software.  It isn't required.
It tells you the envelope sender of the message the poster sent to the
list.  The bounce-* address is the envelope sender of the actual
message you receive in your mailbox from the list.

> In fact, the bounce address does not appear anywhere in my typical
> debian-user mail.  Could it be that it is mangled somewhere between
> debian-user and my ISP?

Possibly.  Depending on your MTA and mail storage style, you should
have a From_ line or a Return-Path telling you the envelope sender of
the message.

--
Drew