Bizarre XFree 4.1.x errors

Hey all,

A bit ago I did a dist-upgrade.  Since then I've been having problems with X
4.1.x, upgraded during the dist-upgrade from 3.3.6a (see attached logfiles
and conf file).  I let dexconf do the configuration work for me, configured
my 3Dfx Voodoo5 to use the tdfx module, configured the correct horizontal
and vertical syncs for my ViewSonic PF790 monitor, and when I execute
startx, it returns to the shell with the problems as specified in the
attached logfile.

I can't seem to figure out what the problem here may be -- any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
David R. Chase
College of Computer Science
Northeastern University, Boston