Re: installing gnu gcc

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 00:18, Markus Ray wrote: Hi,

I am new to Debian and I wanted to install GNU GCC on my OS.  It says in
the guide "when configuring a native system, either cc or gcc must be in
your path or you must set CC in your environment before running
configure. Otherwise the configuration scripts may fail. "  The question
is, how do I put "cc or gcc" in my path or set CC in my enveronment?

I'm not clear what guide you are reading here.

The normal way to install anything in Debian is to install a package
that contains it.  For example:

  apt-get install gcc

     "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD;
      though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white
      as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall
      be as wool."                     Isaiah 1:18