Re: Epson printer stops printing but works on command line

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 05:54:06AM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> My printer all of a sudden stopped printing from Gnome.  It was working a
> few weeks ago and I have not changed any configs and this is the error I
> get from the printer.  It prints this and then stops:
>
> Unable to open command line file stc740p.upp

I recall downloading this file from linuxprinting.org since stc740p.upp
is not in gs deb. I am assuming you did the somthing similar. If you
recently upgraded gs, stc740p.upp may now be located in wrong
directory. If so, try moving it from the directory where you have it
located to the one where gs stores its upp files.

Alternative: magicfilter has filters for Stylus Color 740 that work
well for most printing. And use Gimp/gimp-print for graphics.