Re: Again: Most programs don't run. Please help!

* Andreas Goesele (Goesele@hfph.mwn.de) spake thusly:
> Hi,
>
> my problem as described in <[🔎] 3C4F6ADF.743E7ADC@hfph.mwn.de> and with
> some more details in <[🔎] 3C5041DD.416075E3@hfph.mwn.de> returned, though
> only for some minutes.
>
> Simple description: Suddenly most programs won't start anymore but will
> give the error message:
>
> foo: relocation error: /lib/libnss_compat.so.2: symbol rectory,
> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference
>
> As the problem returned there is - without any doubt - something
> deeply wrong with my system, but I don't have any clue what and how to
> go about finding out.
>
> So please, if you have any suggestion about how I could locate and
> eventually solve the problem, let me know.

I'd ask on the kernel mailing list and/or on comp.os.linux.system.

Dima
--
I have not been able to think of any way of describing Perl to [person]
"Hello, blind man?  This is color."                                      -- DPM