Re: Earthlink Dialup

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

Bruce Burhans wrote:

> Is Earthlink Linux friendly?

[Actually, David Teague wrote that.

My experience is that Earthlink is slimy.  They ended up having a
mysterious account they billed me for that I didn't order and they kept
saying they would close it down, but didnt for four full months.  They
also made the claim that they had purchased my ISP, which they did not.
They also made this claim, apparently, to others at my ISP.  They may be
miraculously not slimy at this point, but they were slimy enough that
they made me wish them to go away as an entity, and I will continue
hoping this when I hear of them until they go away.

Part of what I did to stop them was approach the attourney general's
office of Washington State.  They probably still have records of the
incident.

[snip]

   Sorry you had such a crummy experience with them. Mine has been fine,
outside of  the sort of occasional screwups that happen with any huge
company. But I just use them for carriage service.
   If you worked at an ISP. why did you have an Earthlink account?

Bruce in Bellingham