Re: Earthlink Dialup

Is Earthlink Linux friendly?
Can I use Kermit or other terminal program to talk to it?
Will it respond to a normal PPP connection?

--David

   My connection uses PPP and UDP, and TCP/IP
   I have a 56k ac link voice modem. The authentication is MD5 CHAP,  no
compression on link, but is enabled in my software. PPP multilink
framing is OFF.

    IP addresses  and DNS server are found
automatically.(dynamic)
    Dialup Server type is- windows95/98/NT 4/ 2000. Internet.
    Modem settings are:
            enable hardware flow control
            enable modem error control
            enable modem compression

allow IP header compression
allow unsecured password
default gateway on remote network-yes

    I'm working my way through the Debian   Install  Manual for the 3rd
time, and trying to find someone who has installed Linux on a machine
with "Integrated" sound, graphic, modem (you have to deactivate the
motherboard to replace them..) before I actually do it.
    Hopefully the above specs and settings will help you out. I'll be
happy to clarify any, if I can

Bruce in Bellingham