Re: (Kinda OT) What makes Debian cool?

Hi Camilo,

some things I like especially about debian:
- the _excellent_ package management
- the clear file hierarchy structure - bins, docs, configs, ... are where you expect them
- some really well-designed details, e. g. the debian menu system
- transparent configuration - no click-and-wonder tools but (mainly) well documented config files so that you understand what you are doing.

And one thing that could perhaps be improved: a bit of hardware recognition to make installation for newbies easier. (I had worked with Suse for one year before I started with debian, and I still found it difficult.)

Regards, Joachim

--
Joachim Fahnenmüller
Lehrer für Mathematik und Physik