Re: (Kinda OT) What makes Debian cool?

> Almost any (choose your expletive here) can install a Microsoft product and
> almost any (same expletive here) can install Red Hat.  Think people, don't
> just follow a fad.
Honestly, I think the debian install is just as easy as RedHat and easier
than win98. When I install windoze, it tells me what hardware I have, and
has me insert CDs, but it usually takes 10 or more reboots to get it to
install all the drivers properly, then if I switch card slots I have to
*reinstall* the drivers!
With Debian, I tell it what I have and it does what I say.
Automation is for tasks like nightly backups and rotating logs, not for
driver install.