Re: (Kinda OT) What makes Debian cool?

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:06:06PM +0800, crispin@iinet.net.au wrote:

> Of course apt (which is nothing without the excellent work the package
> maintainers put in). I like the philosophical stance of Debian
> GNU/Linux being a big proponent of the GPL. I don't think KDE would
> even have changed their licence had it not been for Debian. My 2c :)

Huh?  KDE has *always* been GPL.  Not only that, but Debian doesn't
favor the GPL over other free software licenses by any means.  Read the
DFSG sometime.  All licences which meet those criteria are equal in the
eyes of Debian.  Sure, that includes the GPL, but it also includes many
other licenses: Xfree86, Apache, BSD, Artistic, etc etc.

Sorry if I'm being overly pedantic.

noah