Re: persistent storage hardware: recommendations, comments, and opinions please

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:10:10PM -0800, Rupa Schomaker wrote:
[lots of details!]

| (sorry for the devfs device names -- oh well)

That's cool -- I'm using devfs too!

| RAID0 is just striping.
| RAID1 is mirroring.
| RAID10 is a raid 1 over a raid 0.

Thanks (now I don't have to go research to learn that :-)).

Thanks for all the details!  I read over the gist of what you said,
and I'll read it again more closely later.  The details will
especially help if I decide to actually try RAID.  I like seeing the
performance numbers too.

-D

--

The truly righteous man attains life,
but he who pursues evil goes to his death.