Re: OT: Rant

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:57:50AM +0100, frankie@fini.sk wrote:
> In TeX you should write
>
> lefthand string\hfilcenter string\hfilrighthand string

I don't think that would work properly in cases where the left and
right sections are of different lengths.  My understanding of how
\hfil works is that it would put equal amounts of space in each of
those locations, leading to things like:

Thursday, September 24              Document Title Here             Page 1

with the middle section centered between the left section and the
right section, rather than at the center of the page:

Thursday, September 24    Document Title Here                       Page 1

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss