Re: power down

At 18:38 24/01/2002, Jason Majors wrote:
The green LED is the power indicator, the AC indicator is different. As far
as I can tell things are spinning down, but it seems more like an extreme
sleep mode to me. If I hold the power button for six seconds, it turns off
(which is how it's supposed to turn off). But I know it can be software
controlled, because windoze does it.

I'm having the same problem under 2.4.17 on a brand new AMD Duron MP system.
I'm running the latest version of testing, with ACPI support enabled in a custom kernel (Since APM for MP systems is broken).

I got as far as installing acpid to try and troubleshoot, but then got distracted by other things that needed sorting.

The system leaves it's fans spinning, but shuts down video, and the power LED. Pressing and holding the power switch doesn't seem to turn it off (Probably just a BIOS difference).

The system is a dual Duron 900 with 256M of ECC DDR memory, an Nvidia GF2 MX400, an SB Live! 5.1, and a tulip based NIC.

Perhaps some time I'll get back to playing with acpid.

M.