Earthlink Dialup

On 1/24/2002 @ 1:41 AM,  Ben wrote:

[snip]

the @ in the login wouldn't influence the network behavior, and i know
from
an acquaintance who's also on earthlink--using a mac--that she has to
login
with her full email address. on win & mac, subscribers have to download
proprietary dialup software and it's probably due to some aspect of that

[snip]

    Yes, you have to log on to Earthlink with your full e-mail address
and password, but my Internet Explorer does this automatically. And IE
is *all* I use. I only signed up with EL *because* I wouldn't have to
use their software.
    The next step, of course, is to get rid of IE. I'm reading through
the installation manual  and trying to get up the nerve to re-install XP
(Which I have to do in order to divide my HD into 2 equal primary
partitions because of the way the turkeys at Gateway did it initially)
and am sending off for the 2.2r5 CDs in the near future.
    Greetings to you one and all from a quaking newbie who is tired of
being shoved around by  MS.

Bruce  bburhans@earthlink.net