Re: ppp connection

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 11:25 pm, Jason Majors wrote:
[snip]
> I don't have the files here, but I _know_ the resolve.conf file is good, we
> double checked it. hosts contains localhost and the us and non-us debian
> download sites. I'm not sure what's in interfaces, but I'll ask him to send
> me the files, and I'll forward them on.
> The phone number is the same one he uses under windoze, and all the DNS
> IPs, and other info are straight from the windoze connection.
> And it's not a DNS problem, pinging by IP does nothing.
> Unfortunately, we can't get support from earthlink, because it's not
> windoze or mac.
> I just thought of something...the login has an '@' in the middle. Should
> that be escaped in the config files?

the @ in the login wouldn't influence the network behavior, and i know from
an acquaintance who's also on earthlink--using a mac--that she has to login
with her full email address. on win & mac, subscribers have to download
proprietary dialup software and it's probably due to some aspect of that
particular negotiation that the network connection can't be completed
properly. have the earthlink techs totally refused to offer any clues? if so,
that sucks, and they would deserve to be boycotted.

these are some personal addresses of list subscribers who use earthlink. you
might want to get in touch with them directly to get some info on how their
connections are configured.

Dan Griswold <dangriswold@earthlink.net>
" Bruce Burhans" <bburhans@earthlink.net>
"Jeff Flowers" <jsflowers@earthlink.net>