Re: installing woody

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 06:14, sam rosenfeld wrote:
> I have a broken (or at least bent) Debian2.2r2 on my personal box.  When I
> install woody on the same partition that now holds my 2.2r2, would it be best
> to format the partition first?  Or are there better ways of handling the
> installation?
>
> BTW, I use this machine primarily for software experimentation -- both my
> own and with programs written by others.
>
> Any wise counsel would be appreciated.
>
> sam

If your system isn't working as you would like (and couldn't figure out
how to fix) I am not sure a 'dist-upgrade' would be the best method to
use.Do you have the bandwidth for a net install ? If you use Woody boot
dists or the 'net-install' iso you can start start from scratch, just
re-initialize the partitions during install. This would give you an
opportunity to use a different file system, i.e. ext3 ...
--
Greg C. Madden
Debian GNU/Linux