Re: Majordomo, exim, web?

hi ya paul

my crack at moving stuff off of yahoo...
	- i assum those "readers that posts thru web interface"
	are those using yahoo mail or hotmail etc..etc..

on my debian boxes...
	- exim and mailman is "debianized" and works in general

	- i d/l compiled mj/sendmail from the originating site
	to get it to work in lieu of the pre-packaged broken mta/ml

to get rid of other peoples propaganda on your mailing lists
- host your mailing list on your own servers ??? ( lists.dyndns.org ?? )

sendmail or exim... ( pick your mta )
mailman or majordomo ... ( pick your poison )

my past experiences with debian.. ( sendmail + majordomo )
for lots-of- virtual domains ( over a dozen - simple/fast/easy/cloneable)
	- good thing is i learned m4 ...nice toy...i wonder why
	people still try to read/edit the sendmail.cf jibberish
	( to find the security holes ?? )

and mailman and exim supposed to work good too
	- didnt get exim-3.2x(?) or later working right w/ majordomo

for majordomo guis and searchable archives apps..
	http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Majordomo/Majordomo.Utilities.txt

for web-based email posting to your list...
( replacing yahoo mail that inserts their propaganda ?? )
	- you'd need to create new accounts for them so that they
	can seamlessly post again etc w/o having to re-subscribe

	- web-based email apps
	http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Mail/webmail.txt

	- you might need to "de-mime/de-junkized" incoming email posts
	to your list that originated from foo_user@yahoo.com

	- i suppose they can still post emails from their yahoo account..

have fun linuxing
alvin