Re: Gnome-terminal and URLs

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 09:00:58PM -0500, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 05:34:44PM -0800, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I notice that whenever I have a well formed URL appearing on a
> > gnome-terminal window, it I pass the cursor over it, the URL text
> > becomes underlined and the cursor changes from an I-bar to a
> > finger-pointing hand. What is this for? Can I do something useful with
> > respect to URLs by pointing and clicking? Which button? What is supposed
> > to happen?
>
> Control-left-click brings up a browser window.  Which browser is
> controlled by ~/.gnome/gnome-moz-remote; mine has these two lines:

I prefer right-clicking on the URL and selecting "Open in browser" from
the menu...  Actually, I didn't even know that ctrl-left-click (manual?
what manual? =)

I thought that right-clicking was obvious, the first time I saw the
cursor changing, I realized there's something magic happening and
right-clicking was the first thing I tried after left-clicking... :)

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6