Re: Where can I get JetAdmin for Linux?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 05:22:29PM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

> Well, you could print to it via Samba, or you could plug your
> networked printer into the hub, give it ip address etc., and
> set up CUPS with socket://my.hp.printer:9100/ on the Debian side.

I haven't tried Samba yet, altho did a bit of looking at it. I did
plug it into the hub, set up a new ip address, but had no luck
communicating with it.
> When you say "tried connecting", did you use crossover cable?
Yes
> Did you add route to 192.0.0.192 (or whatever your printer's
Yes; that's the default on the printer. I also changed the ip
using the configuration capabilities of the printer.

--
Gary Dolan
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2, Kernel 2.5.1-pre8