Re: Reference for all packages localed in Woody and/or Potato?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 03:11:50AM +0000, Jeff Forsyth wrote:
| I would like to know if there is a centeral list of all packages
| with their descriptions available off-line.  For example, a PDF or
| simply a book that lists all the packages and their descriptions.

Look where apt stores its data -- the Packages.gz it downloads has all
the data you're asking for.

Eg.

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

-D

--

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your