Re: MIME Decoding command-line tool?

Lo, on Tuesday, January 22, Elizabeth Barham did write:

> Hi,
>
> I've been receiving MIME encoded messages in the mail from
> someone. These are base64 encoded and I'm having trouble extracting
> them. Is there a good command-line tool for doing this (please don't
> menion mutt)?

It seems, from your X-Mailer header, that you're using Gnus.  Doesn't it
do MIME?  Or is it the base64 encoding?

Anyway, to answer your question, metamail(1) is likely what you're
looking for.  Note that the input you supply to this command should have
the headers included, especially the Content-Type header.

Richard