Re: Apt question

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:23:51PM -0500, Scott Henson wrote:
| A few weeks ago I heard something about pinning in apt.  If I remember
| correctly you can put sid in your sources.list and pin its urgency down
| to 50 and there for you could install stuff in sid with out upgradeing
| to sid.  Or something to that effect.  Ive looked through the archives,
| but I cant find it.  I have also looked through the apt man pages, but I
| havent found it yet.  If someone knows where I could find out how to use
| this, or just tell me how to do it, I would be very gracious.

Osamu has a good document on it.  It's where I got my info from.  I
can't seem to find exactly the page I'm looking for, but here are some
URLs:

http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/index.en.html

http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/ch-woody.en.html
http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/ch-package.en.html

-D

--

Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.