Re: List help --

"Timothy C. Fanelli" <fanelltc@clarkson.edu> writes:
> Ok, so I signed up for this list because I figured i'd stick with debian
> for a while -- I was wrong, I'm back to slackware.
>
> I've been trying and trying to unsubscribe... I've sent three or four
> emails to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with "unsubscribe" as the
> subject line, and replying to the confirmation message with the
> appropriate subject line there with the confirmation number etc etc... but
> IT WON'T TAKE MY NAME OFF THE LIST!!!
>
> Anyone out there trying to get off this thing but can't too??

This has happened to me in the past, if it is indeed a problem with
the mailing list software my best suggestion is to send email to
listmaster@lists.debian.org and sit back and wait. After a week, if
you're still not unsubscribed, repeat.

The list "masters" don't read the email to listmaster daily, it's more
like weekly, so it can take a while for them to get around to
processing your request manually.

Gary