Re: Browser speed

Rüdiger Kuhlmann <info@ruediger-kuhlmann.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> <blurb>
>
> I accidently created a browser test that makes Mozilla and Galeon kringe:
> The webpage in question contains ~400 hundred 12x12 pngs, from which there
> are around 80 different ones, that are created by a cgi script (running on
> the same computer as the browser). Here's the result:
>
>           Opera Konqueror Netscape 4.7x Galeon Mozilla 0.9.7
> Reload:    20s     23s        27s       4m 23s    4m 46s
> Revisit:    1s      5s         8s          19s       23s

I suggest you file a bug against mozilla's bug database
(http://www.mozilla.org/quality/help/bugzilla-helper.html) for
this. Having a simplified testcase and stats to back up your claims
could help get the developers' attention and, possibly, a much quicker
performance improvement than would happen otherwise, if at all.

Personally, I've found mozilla lacking in its handling of very large
tables (like CDNow wishlists with many items) for quite a while, though
there's been a big improvement over the past couple versions. I don't
know if your page is at all related to what I've seen though.