upgrades

IMHO DEBIAN LINUX is the best. Red Hat is too hard to upgrade single packages after an install.  Micro$haft Winblows bites.

I'm an old (40) DOS hacker so when I was turned on to LINUX by a network tech
I was very relieved (from the M$ stranglehold and thrilled (about OS stability).

I purchaced debian linux 2.2r from a web site (3 cds). At home I have a w95 box
with a JUNO free email/web connection. JUNO has no linux client. At work I can
use the ADSL connection to download files and then ZIP100 them home. (or if the files are less than 4MB I can email them to my JUNO account. A real internet
connection is not something I can afford, at least not now. Would it be possible
to tar all of the new/different packages in a realease point so that I could download one file and untar them in some directory for use with apt-get off-line?

                                                              sincerely           mark@toptool.com

P.S.  I'm trying to get our ERP software at work and my kids educational programs at home to run in WINE so I have done some sneakernet/email
upgrades of WINE. Lately I tried to install the smpeg package and dselect says
that smpeg depends on the older (since the new WINE) libc6 package.