Re: How can I get the Euro symbol?

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 12:55:17AM +0000, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 16:15:42 -0500
> dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> wrote:
>
> > It is 'language-env'.  According to 'apt-cache policy' I don't think
> > it is in potato.  (potato is _really_ _really_ old)
>
> Many thanks, dman. What you have written makes sense to me - I shall read
> it over the next day or so and attempt to put it into practice. Shame
> about GTK, since this is what most of the apps I run use :-(

You can also use ISO-8859-15 (Latin9) instead of Latin1. This has a Euro
symbol but is still a 8-bit encoding so there is little or no software
breakage. ISO-8859-15-encoded fonts are available in the latest XFree86 and
could be gotten from www.xfree86.org and installed in /usr/local.

--
Henry House