Re: Upgrading Potato, Kernel and installing KDE

El Mar 22 Ene 2002 17:00, Jatin Golani escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I sent this mail earlier to this list, however it's
> gone unanswered so far. I'd like to upgrade my Potato
> system. I'd like to know the following:
>
> a) Is Woody very very unstable and upgrading a real
> bad idea or is it tolerable (or more than tolerable)?

Woody is quite tolerable, now I've got to computers upgraded to woody with no
problems. And the computer I use everyday has sid (unstable) and have no
problems by now.

> b) Should I point my apt-get to the unstable or
> testing versions in apt-get's sources.list.

testing == woody
unstable == sid

> c) Is unstable called Woody or testing? What's Sid?

above

> I'd also like to upgrade to Kernel 2.4.xx and then
> install KDE, would really appreciate any thoughts on
> how I should go about that.

Woody cames with both kernel 2.4.x and KDE, I'm using them.

> Thanks a lot ppl.....really appreciate it.
>
> Bye

Hope this helps,
José Manuel Pérez - Hispavista::Sistemas
P. Mikeletegi, 56 - 20009 Donostia - +34 943 448400
josemanuel.perez@hispavista.com - www.hispavista.com