Re: persistent storage hardware: recommendations, comments, and opinions please

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) spake thusly:

> Can someone provide a comparison of Ultra ATA 100 and SCSI?  Which is
> faster and/or more reliable?

I think one is about as reliable as the other. SCSI is faster
and more expensive. If you have spare cash, go for scsi. If not,
ide should do fine for a home/desktop system.

> Does RAID restrict the combination of disks I can have?  IIRC RAID 0
> is no redundancy, and RAID 1 is simply maintaining two copies on
> separate disks.  If so, then wouldn't both disks need to be the same
> size?

No, _partitions_ usually have to be the same size.

Dima
--
Well, lusers are technically human.                            -- Red Drag Diva