Upgrading Potato, Kernel and installing KDE

Hello,

I sent this mail earlier to this list, however it's
gone unanswered so far. I'd like to upgrade my Potato
system. I'd like to know the following:

a) Is Woody very very unstable and upgrading a real
bad idea or is it tolerable (or more than tolerable)?

b) Should I point my apt-get to the unstable or
testing versions in apt-get's sources.list.

c) Is unstable called Woody or testing? What's Sid?

I'd also like to upgrade to Kernel 2.4.xx and then
install KDE, would really appreciate any thoughts on
how I should go about that.

Thanks a lot ppl.....really appreciate it.

Bye