Re: Where can I get JetAdmin for Linux?

"Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com> writes:

> I'm replacing a HP-UX workstation with a woody box.
>
> One of the functions of this HP box is to rotuinely check that status of a
> HP jetAdmin printer.
>
> Can I get JetAdmin software for Linux? If so has anyone got a pointer to a
> location?

I don't know if you can get JetAdmin for Linux, but I suggest looking
at CUPS.  I have JetAdmin at work on Solaris and CUPS at home and they
seem pretty similar to me.  When you say check the status of an HP
printer, what do you mean?  Is it something more than a cron job
grepping the result of 'lpstat -p printer'?

Brian