Re: apt-get mutt ?????

* Theo Bierman <theob@za.uu.net> [020122 10:03]:
> > You've missed the dsc file from the same line. Either download it
> > from the same or issue wget
> > http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/m/mutt/mutt_1.3.26-1.dsc
> > (assumed you have wget installed). Afterwards run dpkg-source -x
> > mutt_1.3.26-1.dsc it will automatically unpack the two .gz files,
> > you don't have to unpack them manually.
>
>   I worked like a charm thanks now I have a mutt-1.3.26 directory with
>   the following subdirectories contrib  debian  upstream. So now I can
>   untar mutt from the tar.gz in the updtream dir right, but then what
>   about the ssl stuff?

You don't need to untar anything manually. You can set the configure
options in the mutt-'version'/debian/rules file (there should be a configure
line already, append your options but don't change the path settings).
Afterwards go into the mutt-'version' directory and run
  fakeroot debian/rules binary
Maybe you have to install fakeroot before. This should compile mutt with
your settings into a new deb package file which you can install.

Give it a try. If something doesn't work - well, you know the lists
email adress, dont you?

Greets,

Karsten

--