Re: more on apt -- what preferences?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:49:24AM -0100, andrej hocevar wrote:

| However, if a package is on them, will it be installed from that
| very source or will apt almost always switch to ftp? Merely because
| of a newer version? Can one set the preferences for that?

If there is a newer version, apt will default to picking it.
newer == better, right?  (usually :-))
I think if the versions are the same that apt will pick the first one
listed in sources.lst (thus put your cds first), but perhaps the new
preferences file has more control over that.

-D

--

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
and a light unto my path.